As an agency owner and someone who values the creative process, when I have a potential client say “Well why not just use Fiverr?” I have to decide how to respond. Do I get defensive? Do I decry the death of the boutique agency model? Or, do I give a transparent response that takes into account the position my lead currently finds themselves in?
There are both pros and cons to using Fiverr or hiring a creative agency for website design. Here are some potential advantages and disadvantages to consider:
The Pros of using Fiverr for your creative project needs:
- Fiverr is an online marketplace that allows you to browse and hire freelancers for a wide range of services, including website design, logo design, and copywriting.
- The platform makes it easy to find and compare different freelancers and their prices, which can be helpful if you are working on a tight budget.
- Many of the freelancers on Fiverr offer fast turnaround times and flexible schedules, which can be beneficial if you need your website designed quickly.
The Cons of using Fiverr:
- The quality of work on Fiverr can vary significantly, as there is no guarantee of the skills or experience of the freelancers you hire.
- It can be difficult to establish a long-term working relationship with a freelancer on Fiverr, as they are not necessarily committed to your project in the same way that an agency would be. Fiverr contracts are very straigthtforward and their is no benefit to the designer (outside of your review) to go above and beyond. In fact, the platform almost does not allow for “going beyond” the contractual scope.
- Working with a freelancer on Fiverr may is not as reliable as working with an agency, as freelancers may have other commitments or priorities that could impact their ability to complete your project on time.
Now, in order to be completely fair, I need to list some cons of hiring a Creative Agency, specifically, Mindbrew…
The Cons of hiring Mindbrew:
- Hiring an agency like Mindbrew Creative can be more expensive than using a freelancer, as you are paying for the expertise and resources of the entire team.
- Agencies, such as Mindbrew, may have more rigid schedules and turnaround times depending on the time of year, which could be a drawback if you need your website or design project completed quickly.
- Finally, you might find yourself too ecstatic with the final project’s beauty. This may result in an increased heart rate and inability to not smile. See, honest and transparent!
Finally, the Pros of hiring Mindbrew:
- Mindbrew is made up of a team of professionals with a wide range of skills and expertise in website design and development, branding, logo design, digital marketing, and much more. This can be beneficial if you need a more complex marketing plan beyond a singular task, such as “logo animation.”
- Mindbrew is committed to your project and able to provide ongoing support and maintenance. We treat our clients like friends, and make sure you don’t pay in full until you are 100% satisfied
- Working with Mindbrew is more reliable and predictable than working with a freelancer, as our agency model has established processes and systems in place to ensure that your project is completed on time and to a very high standard.
So there you have it. The choice between using Fiverr or hiring an agency will depend on your specific needs and budget. If you are working on a very tight budget and don’t need a particularly complex website or project, Fiverr may be a good option for you at this time. However, If you are looking for a more sophisticated website or want to establish a long-term working relationship, or need a guide that will help you avoid the common pitfalls that other new brands go through, Mindbrew should be your first call.